Thứ Bảy, 4 tháng 6, 2011

PURE Baby Fun


So ... Wednesday afternoon I received an invitation to a baby shower.
 .... a baby shower to be held on Sunday of the same week.
Okay, so yeah, I could have run to town and spent money on typical baby gifts ...
in fact, while purchasing gift wrap for shower gift,
I did pick up a couple of little baby rattles,
I mean, seriously, who can resist baby toys??? :)
Well ... after assessing my stash of fabrics and comparing my
available stash to quilt patterns,
I decided on this Moda Bake Shop Baby Life pattern by Vanessa of V and Co.
Fininished size is roughly 41 x 43 ... can you guess which fabric I used???
Oh, and I used minkee for the backing.

With this line of material and these appliqued words ...
how sweet for a new baby :)
Besides the beautiful day we had here, I wanted to show how cushy this quilt will be,
with the minkee backing and the poly-fiber fill ... weighty and cozy! 
This quilt was very easy and quick.  I chose to make a couple of changes from the original pattern for the sake of timeliness, but in the end, I'm even happier with it.
  Even better ... fabrics from my stash! Ha!! 
Double score points if anyone is keeping track.
The girls and I took the afternoon to attend the opening of the
new splash deck our modest little town now has.
Thanks to the Christy Parrott Foundation and all the hard work of the volunteers,
It's absolutely wonderful! It was said that Ms. Parrott, with her spot in heaven,
was able to order this fine weather for the grand opening ... special indeed!
 Oh yeah!  Remember that really cool kite I shared with your here
The coolest thing has happened for my daughter's wall hanging ...
I've made the top 5 of May's Moda Bake Shop contest ... top 5!! 
Pretty cool, huh!!!???!! 
Did you know a vote from you could shoot me to number one
for the month and that would be even cooler!!!!

Thank you ever so much for stopping in to visit with me ... I'm off to start and finish the birthday present for my niece that I should have had in the mail today ... I know, shame on me ... but I'm finding there are only so many days in the hours ....
um ... hours in the day .... I that would be called a Fruedian slip?
LOL
 Love and hugs to each and every one of you!!



Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét