Thứ Ba, 14 tháng 6, 2011

Communication Pays!!

Remember my previous post ... wherein I said
I had to get a t-shirt quilt done by Wednesday this week?

Well ... here's my progress:
Not too bad, even if I do say so myself ...
{{big cheesy grin!!}}

Well, even though I could have called it done here, me being me, I just wasn't satisfied and wanted to add a border.  The client wanted at least a twin size quilt (approx. 63x87) and this was measuring smaller than that (approx. 60x80).  There was not enough material provided to add a border. So ...

I pulled out my communication skills!  I called the client ...
aren't you finding these days this is becoming a rusty skill to some???

Well!  Score for me ... though I'm sorry for the family of the recipient, but a family situation has come up wherein they will not be in town until next week ... therefore they don't need the quilt finished by tomorrow ... can I here a WooHoo!!! {{I'm the (wo)man, I'm the (wo)man!!}}

In discussing my belief of the need for a border, without costing Grandmother more of the proverbial "green"  I suggested this: 
I'm going to add a one inch "stop" border and then use some of the backing material for a five inch border. ... (Yes, Grandmother and LQS selected all materials ... I did not ... the recipient, an 18 yr old high school graduate, is going to become a music education major at Oregon University in the fall ... thus, the music themed material)  Thus, we enlarge the quilt to desired size by adding 12" on both sides and ends and if I now fall short of backing material, I will substitute left over block sashing fabrics to complete the back.  Still with me??

Well communication worked this time ... Yay!!

So, I'm taking a break and going to enjoy a bit of the sunshine with these two munchkins:
Before the sun quits shining again!

Happy Hugs and Warm Hearted Wishes!!


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét