Thứ Sáu, 28 tháng 2, 2014

Catching Up....

Since it's been a few weeks since I last visited my own blog, I thought I'd play a little catch up those of you who may be interested with a picture post of what I've been up to.... besides shoveling snow that is {wink}  And since there are more than plenty of pictures of that marvelous white stuff on the social websites these days I will spare you the photos here, except where unavoidable, because, hey ... when taking photos outside, the stuff really is unavoidable!

First up is a finish that started a year ago Christmas for my oldest daughter.  The quilt got stalled when my machine broke down and then life got in the way of completing it until I made a point to put the smile on her face by finishing it....



The next two quilts are custom memory quilts that have been in the making for a few years. The lady who requested these saved her mother's clothing for several years after her mother's passing and brought them to me requesting quilts be made .... long story short, she will have three lone star quilts completed from her mother's clothing when completed...


 These two are the smaller, baby sized quilts ... ready for quilting.  The bulk of these materials are from shirts, skirts, and dresses, and at the direction of the customer, I've added in the solids in an attempt to tie together the materials into a larger piece.  The third lone star is also in completion process and just about ready for quilting, but not ready for photos... 

In the "want" for a gift quilt recently, I cruised the internet in search of jelly roll quilt ideas. Yes, I have books with jelly roll patterns, but I wasn't feeling any of the patterns I had for the purpose I wanted.  So ... inspired by this quilt which I found at PippaPatchwork:


but not locating the pattern in the time frame I created for myself, I decided to give it a go myself and ended up creating this quilt using my Bali pop of Hoffman Pacific blue batiks with some additional fabrics from my stash.... 

It has been quilted and sent on its way. 

I've worked on a few other projects that were mailed away and weren't mine to share and spent a lot of time heating the house with the oven, baking goodies to share with others so I don't consume them all myself.  

I miss my therapeutic bike riding time and dream of a day and place where I might be able to bicycle year-round but for now am grateful for the cheaper therapy of creating and sharing with others ... it does my heart (if not my waistline) good!


I am also trying to prepare for the next hop I am participating in which Thearica is cheering for us called Flags on a Stick .... you can read about it at Sew We Quilt.

Until we next visit, I wish you a happy heart!







Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét