Thứ Ba, 30 tháng 10, 2012

Wicked Hop and a Wicked Tale

 
Wicked Wednesday ...
October 31st ...
Our last day of the Wicked Hop ...
 
Today's schedule brings you the following:
 
Wicked Wednesday,
October 31st

 
Please join me in cheering for all of our
Wicked Bloggers and the delightfully
wicked creations each has shared.
 
I give my thanks to all of you for joining
in and encouraging our fellow crafters...
I give special thanks to our Head Cheerleader,
who keeps us inspired to try new things
and keeps us on task ... thank you!
 
Today I also share with you my wickedly sad
tale of woe ... what better day to share than the
day of spooks and things that go bump in the night?

Meet the Quilt that Almost Wasn't ...
 
 Actually, this beauty is called "Sunflower"
designed by Amanda Murphy, using her
new line called Bella, which were debuted at
last week's Quilt Market.

Yes! Me!  I was so honored as to make a quilt
for the awesome and amazing Amanda Murphy
and the  totally unrelated 'murphy's law'
struck me wickedly!!

Remember a few weeks back when I was
so horribly sick that I couldn't even sew???
Yep, this beauty was sitting on my cutting table
and I couldn't even put a stitch in it.
Whahhh! --

Week 2 brings me healthy enough
to piece this marvel ... during the evenings
since I had to go to work during the day,
making up the time I missed work due
to illness. ... Small boohhooos ...

Week 3 --- I have my chance to show the
quilt market world that I can sew and quilt
... ... ...
yes ...
wait for it ...
MY SEWING MACHINE DIES!!!
Yep, my less than one-year old Pfaff
dies and I cry ... and cry.
After several desperate phone calls,
a very uncooperative local Pfaff dealer,
Cherrie, a Pfaff rep from the Pfaff
headquarters made a call and a few emails, and
the dealer agreed to work on my machine.
...  the following week ...
WHAAHHHH!!
(yes, again!)
My back up machine was dead,
the reason for the new machine, in the first place,
so now, I'm again healthy enough to sew,
but can't due to a sick sewing machine.
I had my market quilt half free-motion quilted,
which I had to "un-sew" due to the inability
to finish where I left off
and that took me three evenings.

Week 4 ... I get my machine back.
I finish the quilt and very humbly
and gratefully package the quilt and
ship to the darling Amanda Murphy
in hopes to get it to her in time for market.

 I am extremely grateful the beauty is a completed story...
wicked though it is ... I learned I have persistence and
perseverance if not complete and utter pride that
I can share that I had a quilt at market ...

Wicked enough tale???

LOL ... yes, I can laugh about it now.

Bless each of you for visiting and
bless all those surviving Storm Sandy on the
east coast line of these United States.

Happy Halloween all and Wicked Wishes ~
 

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét