Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 3, 2011

Time to Play



Yes, I admit it ... I played hookie today from sewing, quilting, laundry and housework.  I had fun.

LOL .... ready for this?

My four year old and I played Super Mario on Wii dang near all day long! ....  LOL  Then, we went to pick up her sister from kindergarten, and all three of us played until we had to leave for Church tonight.  Yes, we even squeezed one more game in before they had to go to bed. ..... LOL

Life was good and I do not feel guilty!

So .... I will say that on Saturday I received a very nice package in the mail from my pincushion swap partner,  Shannon of Nunu's Quilt World  ... wanna see?

Very cool package, thank you very much!

Look at these adorable pins!  Sweeeeeetttt!
Shannon, thank you, thank you!  It was emmencely fun being your swap buddy!

This is my Em sneaking in some sewing time since little Sis got to earlier ...
love her enough to let her use my machine :)  And you know what else?  Em had me come to her class yesterday so she could show and tell a couple of the quilts I've made ... do I have to tell you how special that was for me?

:)

I am also proud to say, I finally finished this quilt!  Yay me!!  It is my very first block of the month for which I pieced it and designed and stitched the layout in 2009. (not a typo)  I quilted this Nov. 2010.  I did the binding yesterday.  Not bad!  It now graces my bed. ... my king size bed.  Does that give you any idea of how large this puppy is?  I'm thrilled its finished and out of my sewing room and off my UFO list!
And, as for this little spot of sunshine, I finished it Monday and stuck it in the mail on Tuesday.  I'm hoping it gets to it's surprise recipient on Friday ... One can hope.  I wanted to share  the sunny feeling I get in my heart when I visit and share with my friend, so made this for her, so she will always have her own spot of sunshine to warm her heart.


I'm thinking she'll be pleased. :) What do you think? I used Patrick Lose fabrics and it is once again my own design.  Fun, fun.

Okay, I'm off to bed ... yes, bed ... the girls are asleep and the kitchen has been cleaned, laundry is now going and I do believe a book and hot cuppa is calling my name from my comfy bed with my very own quilt to sleep under.  Yay me!

Blessings to each of you and thank you dearly for stopping by for a visit!  Please remember that I appreciate each and every single one of you that comes by and it means ever so much to me when you let me know you've been here with a comment.

Hugs to you! and Quiltastic day to ya!


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét