Chủ Nhật, 19 tháng 9, 2010

Ahhh ... accomplishments.

As Sunday evening draws to a close, the girls are in bed, and the Colts are beating the Giants, I sit here satisfied that I actually accomplished something in the quilting room this weekend.  It looked pretty bleak this week until a trip to the doctor scored me some much needed antibiotics and some cough syrup.  Guess I should have gone in earlier...couldn't probably gotten into the sewing room sooner! {chuckle}

Back on the first of September, I was fortunate to win a Soiree Honey Bun from Ann's blog, A Girl in Paradise  .  Well,  this is what I have done with some of it this weekend:



I made these handy little bags using the Snap Happy pattern from Stitchin' Sisters.  Quick, easy and super sweet for gifts.  In fact, since I only used roughly eight strips from this honey bun and got three bags made, I've got lots and lots of honey bun left to make more projects.  What fun!!  These two are off in the mail tomorrow to hopefully share a smile since I was so fortunate. :)

Also accomplished, although not counting as a total finish, I completed the top to my Mocha Swirl quilt. Here's the completed top:

 
Sun's not shining much here this week, so this was the best picture I could get.  Maybe after I finish the quilting.  At least then I can cross it off my Charming Chatter Girls Club list ... woo hoo, looking forward to that! This quilt was to be a birthday present last weekend, but as noted above, sickness got in the way and it got put aside.  No fair!  Oh well, at least this should be done now and way before Christmas!  Leaves me more room on my Christmas to-do list :)

Well, I need to let all of you fine people go and I thank you for reading my ramblings this far.

May your heart be happy!

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét