Thứ Hai, 14 tháng 6, 2010

Between Charming Friends Quilt Along Progress ....

Hello!  I've made progress!!  Here is a picture of my progress made on the Between Charming Friends Quilt Along hosted by Kelly over at Cotton Charm Quilts.  Definitely worth stopping in to take a peek.




I'm using Moda's Boutique fabric with a light blush pink background and a Solid by Moda darker pink for the binding.  I can't wait to see this darling sewn together :).

Since we had one more nice day before the rain comes again here in Western Montana, I got my garden planted today.  I know, I know .... WHAT???  lol ...  Well, I should say I moved my garden plants from the flower pots on our porch to the garden plot.  My neighbors were beginning to wonder if I was going to grow more than weeds this year.  However, since we kept having so many late freezes, I just left them in the pots and then waited out the rainy days to get them planted.  Whew!  It's done now and let the watering schedule begin. :)

We also accomplished another task today, though I didn't get pictures because the storm rolled in before I could get decent lighting.  However ... this is what we're working on:


Concrete day ... God Bless the Brotherhood of Firemen! ( Early May)

Walls are being constructed with the "help" of my two daughters.

The start of lifting walls ...

and .... all four walls up safely, despite the contractor hanging over the top of the wall :)

It would have been nice to add the trusses picture today, but {shoulder shrug} this gives me another post excuse :)

As you may have guessed, this building is partially my studio.  I get the side with all the windows... south facing, of course, so will need to be sure to store fabric away from them, but, oh the beautiful sunlight there will be .... when the sun ever decides to come out and stay out for a while.

Tomorrow I hope to get the binding on my Pinwheel Sampler quilt and then I'll post pictures.  I think it turned out pretty good, considering I quilted it myself :)  Still a newbie and frustrated that I'm not already "ten years- experienced" and can make everything on the quilt as I see it in my head.  Patience, patience and practice, practice, practice ... (insert eyeroll here, Lynn!)

I best be signing off now.  If you've made it this far, thanks for sticking with me and I'll check in with you real soon.

Quilt-tastic day!!

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét