Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 5, 2010

All is quiet ....

All is quiet now in my home.  Well, you can hear a few soft (for now) snores which may either becoming from our chocolate Lab, Bella, or my husband.... :)  Both of my daughters are asleep in their beds and I'm trying to figure out how to get 2 1/2 inch pinwheels made from 2 1/2 inch strips of sashing I changed my mind on using, with as little waste as possible.  hahahahaha!

These tiny pinwheels will go in the sashings of my pinwheel sampler quilt and while yes, I could skip them, I think they would add a nice touch to this quilt.  Though it is 11:00 p.m. and my math abilities (which usually are close to nil) are now asleep.  Maybe I better wait until tomorrow and ask my math teacher friend, Lynn.  She's used to teaching second graders so maybe she could dumb it down a bit for me :)

I did get some other portions of my sashing sewn on today, so all was not a total loss.  Of course, because DH was home today, I got very little actual sewing room time.  I really like it better when he's at work during the day so I can do my own thing ;) along with the laundry, dishes, caring for my daughters... in this I mean breaking up their arguments (MAAWWWMMM she hit me, MAWWWMMMM, she took my toy, MAWWMMMM she's bugging me), feeding them when they are hungry (MAWWWMMM, I want this, no not that, this!!!) and of course holding them when they want it (usually when they don't want a nap but need one :) ....).  Funny how I can find sewing time during all of this, but once the husband is home, nada. Unless you count 11:00 at night when the brain has shut down and darn it all, I'll have to rip that seam out tomorrow because tonight .... well, you get the drift, it looks good now but better put a new blade in the ol' seam ripper in the morning.

Kinda like when you wake up blurry eyed and look in the mirror and think "hey, my hair looks pretty good this morning" then a couple hours later and a trip to the grocery store and the gas station, you get home, look in the mirror and scream like the largest black spider crawled across your face  because you trusted your early morning once-over and didn't redo your hair.  Ever have moments like that?  Me, more often than I care to recall :) 

Okay, now that I've rambled away your time and killed any chance I had of staying up and messing up my sashing and pinwheels, I'll log off and hightail it to bed.  Sleep good all!!  I hope by tomorrow I can post a picture of something I've accomplished on the ol' sewing machine :)

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét