Thứ Sáu, 28 tháng 5, 2010

Why not?

I was asked this evening how I came up with the name for my blog.   Well, in the rush to get this online before the end of the day (deadline for Blogger's Quilt Festival), I didn't take the time to explain a bit about myself and my blogging.  So, here goes ....

I was first introduced to quilting by my very dear friend Vicki.  Now, I've been sewing since my very first Holly Hobby sewing machine was given to me when I was 5 or 6 years of age.  My grandmother used to give me fabric for presents and then I inherited her used Singer.  You know, one of those heavy-duty, nothing ever broke models?? Loved it until the day I could no longer replace parts on it.  Loved my grandmother more, of course.  Back on course ... I always said "I'll quilt someday." Well, someday came when I became pregnant at 36 yrs old and I was sent home on bed rest.  After twenty-some years in the corporate world, what the heck was I gonna do sitting at home all day on bed rest. (Type-A personality here ?!!?!?! :) )  Along comes my friend Vicki.  She quilted for years back east (anything west of the Rockies seems to be 'back east' to my Montana-bearings but Vicki was a legitimate North-Virginian) and Vicki decided she might take on teaching me to quilt.  Upon the death of my dependable, loyal Singer, I got a steal of a deal on a new Bernina Virtuosa on eBay ... heavy duty with lots of stitches I just had to learn how to use (still haven't mastered many of them).  My first quilty-thing was a wall hanging with my first born daughter's name on it.  Loved it.  Ta-DA ... ME Quilter! Ha ha ha.  Vicki graciously humored all of my questions.  When Vicki had to work and I was at home as a new mother, well, couldn't bug her all of the time so became enamoured of the quilting lessons provided via Internet quilting shows.

Fast forward six years and one more daughter.  I attempted to join a guild last year and in doing so, met my friend Lynn.  Now Lynn, being a very well educated (and more than likely under appreciated) teacher, is very encouraging about learning new things and completing projects.  Bless your heart, Lynn, I am extremely grateful for a friend like you!  It was Lynn's idea for me to blog because one of her friends talked her into creating a blog (see Quilting in the Pines listed herein).  I toyed with this idea once I read Amy's Creative Side post re: Blogger's Quilt Festival.  I thought that sound like a lot of fun, however, why would I ever take on blogging?  What could I possibly say in a blog.  ha ha ha ha (I find no shortage of words today, do I? :) )  As the days of the Blogger's Quilt Festival passed, and I read and read and read the oh-so-creative bloggers in our quilting world, the idea of me sharing in this blogging world started to take root. Finally, upon seeing Amy's "final call" post, I thought "Why Not?"  I could do this ... why couldn't I. [big smile]  I may crash and burn, but why not give it a try :)  So, now you know.  Oh, and the "Knot" well that's just a play on words for the ol' quilter in me.

If you've made it this far, thank you.  Quilt-tastic day to you!!

Wendy

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét