Thứ Năm, 7 tháng 7, 2011

Join Me?

This weekend I won't be in blogland ....  I'll be here:
 
Always on the second Saturday in July
(click on the words above to link into website for more information)

picture borrowed from  The Stitchin Post blog
  "Nature's Symphony"
the 2011 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show™ poster
Painting by Kathy Deggendorfer.

If you happen to be in the area and are attending the show, email me,
 I'd love to meet up with my bloggi-hood friends!!

I did mention in a previous post I was going to attempt
to make a certain tote bag to take with me.

Well ...


Beautiful bag ... even if I do say so myself :) :)

Really like the sides, though they were a real "you know what" to sew!

Even a side-front cell phone pocket!

I did it!!

Word to the wise ... do not attempt this purse under a deadline, unless you enjoy a challenge, a serious challenge.  Another hint, follow every. single. solitary. instruction to a "t" ... this is not a pattern to skip ahead on. Do not take short cuts.  Seriously! 
I'm seriously glad I accomplished this .... I may still attempt the purse,
however, it may take another year to think on it :)

I'm not totally sold on the handle fabric.  I know this may cover the soilage a bit better, however, I didn't have enough for the piping on the side panel pockets which would have tied everything together better.

Oh well ... I can always attempt to sell it after this weekend ... or during this weekend :)  One slightly used, home made, quality tote bag, created using a pattern by Amy Butler may be up for sale for considerably cheaper than can be bought in stores ;)

The purse will have the zippered interior pockets plus the magnetic closure ... which possibly could have been done here had I taken more time, but since I wasn't totally sold on the fabric .... I'm happy, really happy, its finished!!!

Oh!  And can you look at this picture and guess what new skill my darling daughters have learned while mommy's at work?


Yes ... they learned how to make pony tails!!
Yes ... they just had to make mommy's hair "real pretty!"
:)
I love my girls ...
:)
I'm not telling how long we sat and practiced ....
nor how long I walked around the house ...
looking oh so pretty
;)

I will return with what I hope to be very good, nice and beautiful pictures,
from my very exciting trip to visit the Sisters' Oregon Quilt Show ...

I wish you all the happiest of happies this weekend!!


Happy hugs and warm heart wishes~~


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét