Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 5, 2011

Note to Self ....



Hello one and all!

Did you ever wonder how wonderful instinctive reactions can be?

You know .... catch a glass from falling out of the cupboard before it breaks,
um ... catching your step before squishing something really icky with bare feet, or
neatly deflecting a rubber ball (or other flying objects) from hitting you in the face
 ... you get the picture, right?  Instinctive reactions can keep you sane and healthy ...
normally.

NOTE TO SELF: 
When brand new, sharp, rotary blade drops from package as
 it is being removed to replace old, dull, nicked one. ....

LET THE SUCKER ROLL OFF THE COUNTER!!!

Do not, I repeat .... DO NOT ....
instinctively reach down to grab said blade as it rolls,
 or even stop it with the back of your hand,
thereby slicing through back of middle finger tissue
 (I swear to the bone ... but not).

No pictures are necessary to mentally picture resulting wound.
Yes, a human was injured in the making of this public warning.
(As an aside ... I really think some bandage company should
design some Quilt Block decorated bandaids ...)
Just sayin.

On to other matters, I do have one tiny share for you that have read my post this far.  I did say to you in my previous post I'd have something quilty.

Well ... maybe you won't consider this quilty, but
It is a Sweetwater Label Crew pattern, and
It is made with Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree QUILTS fabric




This is a gift, in the mail on it's way today ... probably arrive late,
but the sentiment is as real as the love stitched into it.

Finally, I did get another quilt quilted on the Gammie this weekend.  I hope to bind it this week in time to post it for Amy's Creative Side's Bloggers' Quilt Festival starting on Friday.  For more information click on the button in my side bar to the right or the link above.

Be kind to yourself ...
and remember, please compliment your friends and be kind to strangers ...
for their shoes may be walking a very pebbled path and
you could make all the difference in the world with your kind word or smile.

I appreciate each and everyone of you ... 


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét