Thứ Sáu, 13 tháng 5, 2011

Bloggers’ Quilt Festival, Spring 2011






Okay, so Blogger had a small "problem" but seems to be back up right now, so I'm taking advantage of it.
 
Bloggers' Quilt Festival, Spring 2011

This is my entry for this year's Festival.  My completed Postage Stamp Quilt which I made in participation with Rachel of psiquilt

 I used Kansas Trouble Quilt materials. and I've decided to gift it to my Dad for Father's Day

If you were able to see the quilting on it, I quilted "Happy Father's Day Dad, 2011 I Love You" across this side.  And then, I quilted this face, a cat's face:

instead of another swirl to complete the last quilted row.  He will totally love the joke.  It made my heart smile when I decided to do it.  Every card for every occassion that I've sent to him for the past 20-some years has been a Garfield card....it's a very long standing "something" that only he and I have and I couldn't resist including it here.  You see, we almost lost my dad seven years ago and we are blessed with every day that we've had him since.  I don't know why it's taken me this long to make him a quilt, but this quilt "felt" like it belonged to him and since I wanted to include a quilt in this Festival .... tada ...

One completed quilt, one Father's Day gift fulfilled.

This Festival also marks my one year anniversary of my blogging.  Thank you so much for the inspiration and kick in the hiney to get going, Amy!!

WOW!!  I started my blog with the idea of "Why not just do it...."  hence the name "Why Knot"

So, if you are a follower of mine, and you come back after the Bloggers' Quilt Festival Amy and the numerous sponsors have so very generously put together for us, I promise you a very worthwhile one year anniversary giveaway.

Until then,  thank you ever so much for visiting, I hope to see you again and happy Bloggers' Quilt Festival hopping!!


 I ran outta gas ... LOL


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét