Chủ Nhật, 6 tháng 2, 2011

Surprise Finish ...

Okay ... for some time I've been pondering a project I wanted to make as a surprise for a lady friend ... bouncing from one idea to another.  Then when the March/April 2011 McCall's Quilting issue came out and while cruising it's pages, I found this pattern:

A Gift for Mom is what this is called, designed by Kari Carr.  I immediately knew it was what I wanted to make.   Isn't it funny when an idea hits you like that?  However, as you will note from my finished product: 

 I took a few liberties from the pattern ... big liberties ... guess I just can't help myself.   
The pattern calls this a "cozy quilted shawl" design. I used a soft minky swirl inside. The front of both sides are pockets ... see here: 

I got the "coffee break" and the "coffee cup" from the Whimsical's Companions book ...again, borrowing and taking liberties with patterns, it's what I do, but its what I had in my mind for this particular lady friend so when it spoke to me, I listened. 

Tell me what you think .... hit or miss?  Could you see yourself wrapped in this, drinking your morning mo-jo cruising the blogs or newspaper?

Well, either way, its off to the mailbox tomorrow and fingers crossed hoping the surprise hits a happy mark!

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét