Thứ Ba, 1 tháng 2, 2011

Excused Absence ... (lots of phots)

I claim excused absence .... really, I had a note!
Oh wait ... that's not it ...  the dog must've eaten it ...
No? You don't buy that either?  Oh man ... how about this?
I'z been bizzy bizzy ... truly!

Here's proof:
My first three blocks for the Block-a-palooza Waiting for Spring quilt along.
I'm using Sweetwater's Sunkissed line by Moda.

Postage Stamp Quilt Along with Rachel at P.S. I Quilt
using Moda's Kansas Troubles line of fabric.

Close-up view of postage stamp quilt.

Kindle Book cover outside

Kindle Book cover inside

Second Kindle Book cover

Second Kindle Book cover (inside)
I made these two Kindle book covers for a couple of school friends of my daughter's.  Her mom is a quilter but doesn't do small projects and since I do, I thought they'd enjoy having covers for their Kindle Christmas presents.

I made two of these potholders but only photo'd one.

Snap bag .. Tweet Tweet fabric ... Moda, of course!
I made the potholders and the snap bag as donations for an auction at our church to help offset costs of the pastor's daughter two eye surgeries.  They were making baskets of kitchen items and spa/bath items.  Figured the snapbag could be used as a cosmetic bag and who couldn't use more hot pads? :)  This way we didn't have to run to town either to purchase items ... just sorted through the trusty ol' stash pile!  Yay stash pile!!

Oh, yeah, I also travelled this past weekend to see my SIL get married.  Fun was had by all but I'm sure you'll agree, my daughters seemed to have some of the most fun:

Abbie dancing with one of her uncles.

Emily dancing with her daddy.
The happy couple.  Congratulations!

And, I'm so proud of myself, I'll share, though there's not much to share yet.  I'm learning to embroider!  Yay me!!  This is on my list of things to try this year and since we had an eight-nine hour drive to the wedding, here is what I started:
Okay, so not very good yet ... but I am just starting! 
Pattern is from Jenny over at Elefantz...she's doing a free BOM.
Beautiful pattern, I hope to do it justice!

I also replaced one jacket zipper, one baby-sleeper outfit zipper, put two zippers in a tent flap, made a canvas seat for a tree stand and put buttons and button holes in my husband's work shirt collar.  Do these count?

LOL

Okay, enough excuses ... I'm off to make more now.  Hopefully this time I'll catch the dog in the act of eating the note!  Hugs to all and thanks for sticking with me!! 

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét