Thứ Hai, 6 tháng 12, 2010

A Penny Saved ....

Thank you to each and every one of you for your well wishes and support!  Every word left for me means sew very much ... sincerely!  Thank you!!

This is my penny-saving wreath. {smiles}  I'm actually quiet proud of it as normally, each year, I try to buy a real wreath and add a decoration or two so I can hang it on my door.  However, this year, in interest of saving a penny or two, I came up with this beauty from fabric. 

Years ago, when cruising the craft fairs, I noticed strip-tied garland for putting on Christmas trees.  Well, being the crafty-girl that I am, I went home and made one for myself, using 1 inch by roughly 8 inch long scraps of fabric and knotting them on a length of twine.  Years go by, no longer used it on my tree and of course, I don't throw it away.  In my search of my Christmas decoration has-beens, I also found an old grape-vine wreath that I had dismantled from days-gone-by, but saved.

A twist here, wrap there and I have a spiffy new wreath that didn't cost me a cent this year :o)  LOOVVE ITT!!  hahahahah .... I added a length of red fabric for the bow to spruce it up before hanging on my front door.  Okay, now that I'm done patting myself on my own back ... what'da'ya think ? LOL

Wreath making was late Friday evening.  This picture was from our family outing on Saturday.  Wasn't it gorgeous?!?!?  Little cold, but beautiful!  Husband is dragging the tree away to the truck and the darling daughters are helping with their contributions of what was left behind.  Now all that is left to do is decorate this baby after I cut a few more inches off so I can get the star atop the tree.  And see, by cutting this down by ourselves, it just meant the price of a permit and the gas to get to the forest. Another penny saved this week!  BO-NUSSSS!!  :o)

Okay, I best be getting back to my sewing now.  I'm working on a commissioned baby quilt that has been requested for a Christmas present ... this year :o) ... I'm using the Pink/Brown jelly roll of Lily & Will.  I'll snap some pictures soon to share.  I finally decided last night to use the same pattern we used for the Between Charming Friends Quilt Along, only with the jelly roll instead of charm packs.

Quiltastic day to ya! 

~love and hugs~

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét