Thứ Tư, 1 tháng 12, 2010

A Few Things ....


Here I am.  I've been putting this off for a bit of time now, so figured I better get back on the ol' blogging horse and post.  I have people to thank and swap pictures to show, but first, I need to get this said.... please jump ahead if you'd rather.

You see, my very dear friend and neighbor, Carol, who most of you read about in earlier posts, lost her battle with the monster last week.  A week ago Tuesday, actually. Went to her 'celebration of her life' on Saturday. There was so much about my friend I wish I knew before her passing. She was one of those amazing people that just oozed friendliness and happiness everywhere she went.  What a spirit!  Can't wait to meet up with her again one day.  Love you and miss you, Carol!

Sew, my heart hasn't really been into my blog, but with Christmas coming and the spirit of joy along with it, I am reminded that it is time to share the smiles again.  I do need to thank Ms. Kari Ramsay of Fresh Cut Quilts for:

How cool is this stuff?!?!    I actually won an autographed copy of the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks magazine {sweet!!} along with a pattern Kari also autographed for me.  She very kindly included a beautiful charm square pack of Robert Kaufman's solids.  Gorgeous!!  And cannot forget the way-cool clover pin!!  I've somehow started to collect these little pins ... they seem so innocuous being so little and all, but they can be addicting! lol  (Ever been by the PinPeddlers? A.DOOR.A.BULL!!! just saying.)

Thank you Kari!!

I'm also very, very happy to report that I actually accomplished my ornament exchange before December 1st, though sadly disappointed that I failed to get a picture before I sent it over seas.  Cannot believe I did this!!  Truly hoping my swap partner posts a pic and maybe I can show you all then.  Pretty proud of my little felt and cross stitch ornament :)  Thank you Bronny!!

Sew ... next up is my Charming Chatter: Secret Santa Swap which Joan of Ouvrages Dune Acadienne so very graciously hosted. Wow!! Super job Joan and so very appreciated!!  You all were privy in an earlier post to my very special gift from Polly of Aunt Polly's Porch (check it out ... she even did a tutorial on my gift!!)  Thank you, again, Polly!

 Well ... not saying who is receiving this, but here it is:

Fabric, Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas.  Pattern, by the marvelously talented Vickie Eapen of Spun Sugar Quilts.  Even more fantastic is the fact that the pattern, Simple Abundance, is provided in Quiltmaker's Sept/Oct 2010 issue.  Vickie is absolutely awesome!  If you haven't already stopped by and visited her blog ... you should :-)   The picture is the best I could provide in our freezing, cloudy temps here in Montana.  At least the pavement was clear of snow this day. lol

And with the current craze Madame Samm of Stash Manicure and Sew I Quilt has so kindly shared with all of us, of course, I had to include one of these:

Mug rug. Design mine. Fabric, Sandy Gervais' Crazy 8 honey bun. Labels, Sweetwater Labels. Quilting ... hate to admit it, mine.  DO NOT LOOK TOO CLOSE!! 

LOL .... Why is it most of us quilters are so very picky about our own work but gracious about everyone elses??  A very dear friend of mine reminded me of this as I tried to decide if my gifts were good enough to actually give to my swap partner.   Is this where we insert "its the thought that counts?"  lol .... okay.  I made these.  I like them.  I hope they give my swap buddy a smile, or two, or three (heck, it's Christmastime, a girl can wish, can't she?!?!?  lol)  Hey, at least I did get it in the mail yesterday!!!!  Kudos for me! HA! lol

Okay, sew now I best be getting back to my projects at hand.  Remember that I mentioned that I'm making a house block for Beth from Love Laugh Quilt's "block" party.  I guess I best be getting on that!  Can't wait to see what she gets for the bloggi-hood.

Until we read again, take care, remember to slow down and enjoy your "every day" moments when you can, and happy everything!  Thank you to each and every one of you for visiting me.  I sure do appreciate you!! Quiltastic day to ya!

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét