Thứ Hai, 20 tháng 12, 2010

Would you believe ....

Merry Christmas from my two beauties!!

Long story short ... me, walking pneumonia, broncitus, ear infections .... four rounds antibiotics, lots of cough syrup and some other really good meds I can't and won't attempt to spell.  On road to recovery (finally!) and doing much better.  Thank you to each and every one of you for your get well wishes!!

Okay, lots has happend since last post. You don't want words, you want pictures.  Gotcha!  So, here goes:

Mantle with stockings and cover I made a few years ago ...

My Christmas card holder, which luckily, I made last year ....


Christmas Tree ... lucky to have gotten this much decoration on it! :-)

Beautifully stitched Christmas ornament from the very kind and generous Bronwyn of Cosy Cross Stitch which I received by participating in Bronny's Bits 2010 Blogger Ornament Exchange.  Delivered to me all the way from Australia!!  WOW!  Thank you so much Bronwyn, and I'm sorry the thank yous are over-due.  The gratitude is felt very deeply, I assure you!!  I also should state that Miss Bronwyn handcrafted the card with the beautiful picture and the other sweet item would be the very nice needle case Miss Bronwyn created and gifted me with.  Thank you. Thank you!


Who doesn't like pictures of our faithful, sewing companions? Couldn't resist adding this picture :-) 


This year's projects still in progress  ... HAHAHAHAHAHA ... like these'll get done this year :-)

 My contribution to Beth's neighborhood over at Love Laugh Quilt ... If you haven't checked out her friendly bloggy-hood giveaway yet, you should!!!  Still have a chance to enter before January 1st :)

Finally, today, I managed to create two very special Christmas gifts I hope to get in the mail and have delivered by Wednesday.  These recipients live in-state so my fingers are crossed! 

You will notice that these little gems are Koin Keepers from This n That patterns.  Easy breezy.  I just happened to strip piece some material from a honey bun for a different look.  We are talking teenage girls here :)

Not these girls .... lol ... these little darlings are making bird feeders out of half an orange, pulped out, peanut butter, raisins, craisins and oats.  That's all we had in the house tonight, or else who knows what else these poor birds would have ended up with.  Miss Em learned this in Kindergarten this morning and decided to instruct Miss Ab in the art of smearing peanut butter.  Gotta love em! 

Finally, this is what started this post ....  Would you believe that this chair pillow started out as an ornament?
HAHAHAHAHA  that's what I thought you'd say!!  :-)  No really!  I had every intention of making an ornament for my daughter's Kindergarten teacher for Christmas, and once I got the reindeer cut out, wasn't happy with the look so, from my stash pulled more and more fabric out and came up with this number.  Could you tell from my earlier pictures in this post that I happen to have quite a bit of Nancy Halvorson fabrics lying around ????  LOL  Yeah, I do, luckily and so, I came up with this pillow.  What do you think?  Too much?  Well, no matter, it's done now and I'm off to bed.

Love and hugs and Merry Christmas wishes to each and every one of you!
Thank you for sticking with me this long!!  Whether you realize it or not, I've really come to depend on my bloggi-buddies... it's nice to know I'm not talking to myself all the time, and that maybe, just maybe, someone might gift me with a comment and let me know I might not be totally off my rocker :) ... oh wait, its 12:45 a.m., I'm recovering from sickness and I still have tons of Christmas stitching to do ....

What's up folks?!?!?!  Where are all of you wonderful supporters to tell me to get my hind end to bed?!?!


LOL LOL LOL

Nighty-night!

~hugs~

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét