Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 10, 2010

Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival

For the Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival, I am showing you one of my favorite quilts, for which I'm sorry to report, I blogged about a long time ago.  I'll explain why later in this post.

This is the quilt I did along with others at p.s.iquilt as the Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along.  I love it.  It was my first quilt-along and  I really enjoyed the experience and hope to do this again with such a fun group!   I quilted it myself using a freeform all-over heart stipple for two purposes; quickness and to signify the love I was quilting into this piece.  I had fully intended to keep this quilt for myself as this was my very first quilt along. However, I gifted it to my neighbor lady, Carol. For a little background, we've lived here a bit over two years and this lovely lady is a true blessing for a neighbor. She is a true Southern Lady, harking from Georgia, and is such a pleasure to visit with every chance I get. She and her husband couldn't be any better neighbors if we asked for them personally. I quilted in the last border "God Bless you and may these stitches of love bring you warmth" specifically for Carol.

Carol was diagnosed with bladder cancer. Long story short, after many surgeries, treatments and chemo, we thought she had beat it.  Carol's 63 years young, the heart of her dear husband, family, and friends; all we can do is send our prayers to heaven.  At the time I was finishing my quilt, Carol was leaving for Houston to go to a "research" facility. My family and I were leaving for a trip to the coast. While I really loved this quilt, I love Carol even more and didn't want to risk missing the opportunity of wrapping her in quilted love before she went to Houston. Therefore, as I can spend time making another quilt, Carol may not have the time to wait for me to make another. Carol's trip to Houston was unsuccessful.  She's now waiting on telephone calls from insurance companies to see if she can get more chemotherapy.  I'm still glad I was able to gift my dear friend with the comfort of my new quilt.

So, here is the quilt I originally wanted to be able to post for the festival:

However, due to halloween parties, thirty tiny treat bags (see post below, which were loved, thank you very much!) and the resurgence of a nasty cold (which I really could've done without!), you can see it's still waiting for me on Gammie.  Soon.  This one's all mine. (So I say now. :) ...)  I hope you come back to see my completed quilt one of the days.

Happy hopping and enjoy the Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival Miss Amy has so generously donated her time and hard work to.

Thank you so very much for stopping by!!! Quiltastic day to ya!

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét