Thứ Bảy, 8 tháng 2, 2014

My Word and A Winner ...

From: The Daily Good site
Since the beginning of 2014 I've been pondering what my "word" of the year should be.  I'm sure you all have seen these posts on other bloggers' sites ... a word is chosen to focus on during the year, one to remind you of what you should concentrate on.

Well my word finally came to my mind last night as I pondered what to write for this post. 
 "Gratitude"
I thought of starting a list of all the things I was grateful for, but then every day those things I am grateful for may switch and fluctuate.  Yes, yes ... there are some days I am extremely grateful for some of the same things ... my daughters ... and then an hour later I could be grateful for time away from my daughters ... so my list would be ever changing.  How about just accepting that I live my life being grateful for what I have when I have it?
I believe it's called living with an attitude of gratitude ...



The thing is, if I made a list, there's a chance I'd miss something or someone that I'm grateful for ... the hot water in my shower, the food in my fridge ... the fact that I have food in my fridge, the friends that are there when I need them most, the men and women serving our country,  and well ...each and every day with so very many blessings where does a person start?


Don't get me wrong ~ I'm truly no "Pollyanna" ~ trust me! There are days when I really have to remind myself of all that I should be grateful for.  Again, this makes me grateful for the people and things that bring me back from unpleasantness with the simplest of things ... a message, a picture, a post ... a smile.

Smiles are important!!  
Share one today if you haven't already!!


I will end this post with the announcement of the winner of the She Who Sews basket:


True Random Number Generator  13Powered by RANDOM.ORG
Theresa of Bumbleberry Stitches

I've contacted Theresa via email and haven't yet heard back from her, but hopefully this will be on its way to her soon.  

Sew Necessary from Art to Heart
Clicking on the book should take you to their website.

I give my grateful thanks to everyone who left such appreciative comments and wanted this basket in their own sewing room!!  Remember that if you want to make your own, you can find the pattern in Nancy Halvorsen's book Sew Necessary.

Until next we visit ~ 


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét