Chủ Nhật, 2 tháng 2, 2014

The Door Stopped here ....

When I hear the phrase "don't let the door" ... "stop" is not the first word that comes to mind.  In fact,  in my mind, a few other words follow that phrase and on that track, my mind went from one thought to another and ended up thinking about shoes ...

I know ... right???  

Well ... it all connects in my head ...
that's the story I'm sharing and I'm sticking to it!
{chuckle}

So ...  when Madame Samm announced the Don't Let the Door Stop hop, this is where my creative thoughts brought me and this is what I have to share with you today:


You see, for the past several months I've been cruising websites, admiring very feminine, girly-girl, and ... pardon me, but ... sexy ... high heel shoes.  I've even created my very own Pinterest board and put together this tiny collage which I shared with you all in my Grow Your Blog Hop post for inspiration:


Yes, it took me 45 years to actually start thinking about these shoes.  No ... I don't wear these as I don't actually own any ... but seriously ...  they just LOOK so pretty and make you think very girly things.  Well, I think so anyway ...
{wink}

Without further adieu ... I share with you
The Heel Stops:

Not one or two, but three door stops.
Yep ... counting myself, there are three girls in my house ...
While my daughters are currently too young ... and will be for a VERY long time if I have anything to say about the matter ... I thought it'd be fun to bring in a little bit of the girly-girl to add to the nail polish, lip gloss, jewelry and .... well fun with some high heels.

There's purple with a ribbon bow: 

Red and black with the tailored look of buttons on the toe:

This one was the first I created ... 
The heel on this one is a bit shorter than the others so I tweaked the pattern a smidgen and made the other two to be assured the pattern would be use-able.  I've made this pattern available to anyone who wishes to purchase it at Craftsy ... link here.

Yep, that's right ... I designed this pattern for this hop.  As I said in earlier posts, these hops inspire and challenge me ... and with so much inspiration in this crowd of hoppers, I hope I met the challenge!!  Thank you for the continued inspiration Madame Samm!!

My daughters set up this picture, stating you can see the front, the sides, and the back of the door stops all in one picture and wanted to be sure that I used it here .... 
I think they were right.  Sure, it'd be cool to show you that this four-pound, bird-gravel and rice holder could stop a door, but I think these photos are much more appealing than my floors ... I also have been told this would make a very cool pincushion ... ideas are brewing!!

While the ideas continue to toss in my head, please visit my fellow hoppers today as we know we will be provided with further inspiration and displays of talent:

 February 3rd

Why-Knot-Kwilt -- you are here
 
 
 
 
 


I give my thanks to Carla from Creatin' in the Sticks for your marvelous leadership skills in not one, but two, simultaneous hops ... you truly earned your pompoms with this hop!

I also need to add the following for my cute little photo assistant:

Many thanks to my photo assistant for the shots taken for this post ...
no fluff was harmed in the making of this post {wink}

Can you guess I'm gonna have difficulty getting these Heel Stops returned for my use??
{laughing}

Aw, well, I can and will make another ... {wink}

Please remember my giveaway for the She Who Sews basket is open until the end of the day on February 7th .... winner will be contacted via email.  If you haven't commented yet, here's the link so you can.  To all of you that left me such sweet comments on that post ... I've been a bit occupied with this pattern but now that it's complete, I promise I will begin answering your comments!!  
Quilter's Honor!!

I did notice there were a dozen or more no-reply bloggers .... many of whom would like to win the giveaway ... and unless there is an email address or way to be contacted in the profile which I check, I'm so very sorry they will not be hearing from me in either answering comments, or if they win ....
{very sad face!!!}

Bless you for stopping by today and 
I wish you all a very wonderful day!!

Thank you again!!



Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét