Thứ Bảy, 21 tháng 7, 2012

Twirled Into A Twister & More

Hey!!  Nice to see you all again!!

So, for those of you who read my last post, you all remember
I was just in a twirl of whirling to-do items that I couldn't settle on.  Well, I twirled right into a twister ...
A  Lil' Twister to be exact. 
Here's  how it happened:

Sewed together some charm squares and added border;


Utilizing the Lil' Twister ruler, I cut around the ruler
and removed excess, being very careful to leave
the blocks as they were cut out from the whole
.... not moving them from original layout;

This is the "throw away"
(I couldn't resist taking the photo)
{{{smiles}}}

Going back to the cut out squares, I rotated the squares
to form the matching points of the twisted pinwheel.

And ....
Tada!!

My finished product.
Never having used this technique before,
I wasn't too pleased with the gradation between
the pinwheels so felt the middle of the little
quiltlet needed some pizzazz.

So, I drew some daisies,
sticking with the red & white theme ...
daisies are so friendly ... I may have
to embroider little smiley faces in
each flower ...
okay ... too "cutesie" I know ...
 so I won't but it was a fun idea!!

So, this little quiltie is now going
to be packaged and sent on its
way to the wonderful lady who
I happen to know favors red and white.
Sincerely hope she likes it and
will always remember me when looking
at the "friendly" daisies!

 
oh ... oh ... guess what!!????!!! 
You may have noticed
my new button over on the right???

I was fortunate enough to get in on the "Think Christmas"
blog hop that Miss Lesley is hosting over
at The Cuddle Quilter!!  Woo Hoo!!!

Before I go, I want to share with you a
super idea I found when visiting Miss Carol's blog,
Just Let Me Quilt .... I think it's a great
new trend ... a follower's giveaway.

After the hop, when so very many people
hop through and visit ... isn't it nice to reward
the followers of your blog that have followed
you before the hop .... and after the hop?
I have met so many very amazing people
through this blog and I just want to tell you,
I appreciate you!
Well, I thought that was such a wonderful
idea that I am going to have to copy Miss Carol's
new trend ... you'll never know when {{wink}}
so it will be a giveaway for my followers.

Thank you all and now I'm off to
"Think Christmas" and get some
Christmas sewing done ...
My hop date is August 5th ...
so please come back to visit!


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét