Thứ Bảy, 16 tháng 4, 2011

My Girl Likes Her Some Purple ...

Okay, so I've been a WEEEE bit absent from the bloggihood lately. Well, blame it on this one, whose favorite color happens to be purple, can you tell? :

Actually, that was Abbie, almost five years ago.  This is Abbie today:

Today, Abbie had a birthday party to celebrate her fifth birthday ....


Including my two daughters, we had nine children ... ten if you count a little sister who was here for a short time to play. Isn't that a sight to behold :)  I made pizza from scratch (due to daughter #1's allergies) and blew up more balloons than I care to count.  Borrowed game ideas from other birthday parties we've attended this year .... and ... AND there was no crying, fighting, or blood :)  I'd say score one for Mommy!  Here's the cake I made and decorated:

....  and, while Abbie didn't want me to make her another blanket or pillow for her birthday, she was okay with me making her a dress .... for her to wear to her birthday party ...
So, I gave up trying to surprise her during the week, and made this for her last night .... please take note of the lovely ruffle (Samm!!!!! ) from this ruffle-phobia girl lol .... yes, I'd do it again.

Actually, I've wanted to blog about this dress since the minute I sat down to start sewing it.

The instant I started stitching this dress, I felt absolute joy ... yes, JOY.  How funny is that? It's the first item of clothing I made for my babies.  I've been sewing for longer than I can remember.  Probably used my Gramma's old Singer for upwards of 20-25 years, making anything from pillows, dolls, shorts, shirts and dresses, but this is the first item for my very own daughter.  Yes, joy filled my heart.  I hope its the first of many things, now that they aren't sprouting two inches every time they get up from bed in the morning.

Okay, so now that I've shared, probably more that you wished to know, I'm going to go and enjoy me an adult beverage, put my feet up and promptly hear "MAAWWWMMM" and rightly ignore it as Abbie's real birthday is tomorrow and I have dinner and dessert to make for all of the relatives coming to celebrate tomorrow .... where's that adult beverage?

(yeah, right, in which reality do I live in?!!?!!!)

I hope to have something quilty to share with you all soon, but I thank you for visiting!


Happy birthday Abbie, Mom loves you!!



Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét