Thứ Tư, 4 tháng 8, 2010

Another day in .... well, you fill in the blank :)

My daughter turned 6 two days ago.  Wow!  I want to tell myself I've appreciated every moment I've had so far and that I haven't wasted any of the time, but only God knows and I'm sure there will be moments I wish I could retract or play again and again as time moves forward.  Emily starts kindergarten at the end of August.  For a while I questioned what my purpose would be once both my girls were in school (Abbie starts next year), but then I realized that just because I won't see them every waking moment of their days doesn't mean they still won't need me.  It just means someone else will get to share in the joy that is my beautiful babies.  It's time for me to not be selfish and let them teach me new things through their learning of life.  I only hope I'm a good student and still a better mother.  God help me!

For Emily's birthday, she asked me what I was going to make her.  To be honest, I didn't think she wanted anything made for her so I hadn't planned anything.   However, I had her come in and pick out a charm pack from my stash and told her I'd make a surprise.  I didn't tell her it would be a surprise to me also :) .... I added more material from my stash and in three days this is what I came up with:


And this was her response when she saw the finished product:

How is life not worth all the extra hours spent toiling and fretting when your baby reacts so sweetly?

With our house in the disaster zone again ... here's a picture of my sewing room/office in it's current state:


Long story short, about 2.5 years over-due repair job to the sheetrock taping job, in each room of the house ... see me bald and stressed again..... yes the whole house looks just like this  !?!?!?  I've been taking the girls the local playground more often ...




Hopefully, as they grow older, they will only remember having fun and not that mommy was stressin' (big-butt grin here).  I hope each of you have a super day and that God blesses you with very happy thoughts!!!

Quiltastic day all!

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét