Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 8, 2010

My Darling Kindergartener


Oh, we were doing so well .... Emily was so excited last night at bed time.  It took several extra reading books to help get her to sleep.  She, of course, didn't want to get out of bed when the alarm clock "coo-cooed" this morning, until we reminded her it was her first day of school.  Emily was so excited to put on her new dress that our friend Lynn sewed for her to wear today. New shoes, tights, and backback, ready to go.   "Come on, come on, I don't want to be late, let's go ...." So, we get in the car and drive Emily to the school where she will begin her kindergarten year.  Oh .... :) !!!

Mom (myself) walks with Emily to the doors, visiting with other parents and a few children, a couple of which we know.  Emily mentions she's starting to feel a little nervous.  Time comes to walk into her classroom.  We hang up her backpack on the spot marked for her.  Walk around and find her spot at a table.  Lucky, lucky, her friend from Awanas is sitting at the same table. ... nope, still doesn't want to leave mom's side. ... uh oh ... I'm starting to notice something here.  Emily won't leave my side, no matter my prodding.  Okay, lets wander over to the play area ... another "Emily" is playing there.  Can we play too?  .... then it happens, Emily starts crying ... hard ... she doesn't want mom to leave.

But Emily, mommy has to go.  At this point, I'm one of the last parents in the room. (Another child is crying harder with his mother attached.)  I get Emily settled at her table, motion to the teacher and we get her started on a paper/crayon project like all the other children at the table.  With a signal to the very understanding teacher, I walk away with a last kiss on my baby's head.  Good to go.

I bolt past the "Coffee and Kleenix" stand that is set up outside the entrance with all the other parents visiting.  Doing good ... no tears, just a quiver or two.  Get in the car with my 4 year old and husband (who's driving) and we arrive home.  Still doing okay.  Well, a tear has escaped ... followed by another sneaky one.  Husband leaves and I sit down with my 4 year old daughter who, at this point, is sitting in my lap, patting me on my cheek and telling her sobbing mommy that everything is okay.  I agree and tell her the tears will stop soon.  She, Abbie, starts pre-school next week.  Maybe she'll be so thrilled with pre-school she won't miss mom.  .... that's a good thing, right?

Happy day everyone!

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét