Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

Wicked Wendy's Wicked 3 Post


Yes ... this sign hangs at my front door ...
{grin}

Most of you know its truth  ...
{wicked grin}

I have always been a kid at heart … 
I have always gone for the humor in most all situations … 
I strive to find reasons to laugh ...  and 
I truly believe in the good of all things and people.

I am aware there are a lot of people who view Halloween as a
representation of evilness, things that are ugly, and not of this world.

I tend to put a different spin on this view … 
thus my joy in being Wicked Wendy

As a child growing up, I remember Halloween being about dressing up, 
parties at school, and getting candy .... 
lots and lots of sweet treats! 
… the true gift of seeing things through a child’s eyes.

Yes, looking back now, I can see there were bad things mixed in … 
but I was fortunate, those bad things often never touched me, 
whether in actual deed or by choice of memory.

Therein lies the reason for my joy in the Wicked Hop …

What fun it is to put a bit of magic back into a darkly-tinted season and share a bit of wicked joy by being able to help show the creativity that exists among us!

I give my sincere thanks to Madame Samm for her continued ingenuity in keeping us involved and active with these glorious hops!  She keeps me on my toes!

I also give my sincere thanks to each of you who participate in these hops, whether by sharing your creativity, or sharing your kindness through comments … you all are the reason I so enjoy these hops!!

Without further ado I share with you the Wicked deeds I created for this Wicked Hop and I hope you enjoy them and find a reason to smile for a while …


Would you believe way back in April, 2013, 
when Riley Blake announced the release of the line Too Cute To Spook ... 
I instantly knew I wanted
to use it for wicked Halloween creations ...
Sandy Gervais' pattern "All Smiles"..
Riley Blakes' Too Cute To Spook Fabric
Using this All Smiles pattern by Sandy Gervais,
I framed all the adorable little Spooks in each flying goose ...
they are just Too Cute!

Close up of quilting and Too Cute to Spook creatures...
I also did the free motion quilting on my small machine ...
and took the opportunity to ad-lib some fun words into the stitching ...
you may note the "Wicked" I stitched in above ....
{grin}

When I saw this table runner ... I just knew it had to be made for
a special person who happens to love Birds .... in particular
crows .... what's up with that???
What better time to create this menacing creature of wings
than for the Wicked hop??

Disa Designs Pattern ,,, Four and Twenty Blackbirds
from her marvelous book  More of my Runners
Oh my ... could that be Ghastlie fabric on the back???
{cackle, cackle}

Here's a close up of the Wicked Birds ...
I like the Wicked looking trees in the border, myself 
{wink}

And ... lastly I share with you an item
I designed for our first Wicked Hop,
for which I recreated for this hop,
again using Riley Blake's Too Cute to Spook fabric.
I did say I liked the material ... didn't I ????
"Why Knot? ... A Door Stop"
Pattern by Wendy of Why Knot Kwilt

Fabric is also Riley Blake's
Too Cute to Spook
And if I have all my spooks in a row by time of publishing this post ...
The pattern for this door stop should be available 
to all of you who so desire it on Craftsy here ... 

I thank you again for visiting with me today ... 
and encourage you to go check out what our other Wicked creatures .... 
um, I mean creators .... have to share with you today!!



Wicked Wishes ~


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét