Thứ Ba, 16 tháng 4, 2013

April Showers Hop Day Eight is Great!!


Yeppers ... Day Eight is Great!
Not only is Wednesday, April 17th my day to share for the
April Showers Mug Rug Hop,
 but it is also my youngest DD's 7th Birthday!!

Yay Me ... double time :)

Knowing you all have many wonderful stops to get to today, I will get right to business.

Here is my visual interpretation of "there would be no rainbows without a little rain":



Yes, I could have quilted it more, but i didn't want to cover up the background fabric and until I get an actual working sewing machine again, I didn't want to chance the FMQ work.  I think the second picture shows the "raindrops" better.  Besides, I like it and I'm keeping it.  I dare you to try and take it from me!!  And heck, first you gotta find me if you wanted it :) :) 

I came up with this design after the first two failures didn't meet up with my brain's expectations.  Not wanting to waste the fabrics, I'm sure I'll re-invent their failures into something else besides the scrap heap they now exist in.  However, I'm happy with this beauty and it is now in my office cubie bringing me smiles and reminders at work, where more often than not, as many of you know, we sometimes forget there can be sunshine and happiness ... and quilting ... outside the work environment.  {{smiles}}
Don't get me wrong, I still really, really like my job, but sometimes my head gets in the wrong hemisphere and a little reminder that doesn't include calories or caffeine is good. 
 {{Yes!  I did just say that!!  I want chocolate so badly right now, that reminder is for me!!! hahahaha}}

Please shower the raindrops of your kindness with my fellow posters today:


I give my sincere appreciation to Erin of Sew at Home Mummy and to Madame Samm for keeping us all inspired and in touch.  You ladies are marvelous!

And on a personal note:


I want to wish my Abbie a very happy 7th birthday!
I made this pillowcase this weekend while the DDs were away.
Doesn't every princess need a "happy birthday" pillow??

I love you sweet, forever and always!!
Gitchee, gitchee, goo!

Thank you to everyone who stopped by today! 
 I wish each of you every happiness and hope to see you again real soon!

Best wishes,

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét