Thứ Hai, 3 tháng 1, 2011

What to say???

Well, for starters .....   Happy New Year!!!

I spent the funnest New Year's Eve participating in a Twitter Party hosted by Stitchin' Heaven. Imagine that! I'm a super newbie to Twitter, but with the whole family asleep by 9:30 p.m. on New Year's Eve, and seeing the invites to the NYE Twitter Party ... well, what the heck, I tried it.  Loved it!!  Met some really fun quilters, visited with friends from other blogs and even won a 5-pack of Aurifil thread. How cool is that?!?!  So ... I didn't get to sleep until 3 a.m., but it was fun!!  And this year, I had a story to share about what I did on New Year's Eve beyond watching the ball drop on the boob-tube.

I've been reading so many New Year's blog posts, and while I really wanted to add my Happies to everyone elses, I didn't feel I had much to add beyond the Happy part.  I've never been one for making resolutions, though this year I am resolving to save a bit more money until I produce more from quilting by using up more of my stash ... thank you Stash Manicure and all the Lovelies that blog there!

Here is a project I started New Years weekend:
Many of you may remember the wonderful Moda honey bun of Soiree I won ... well, I had used some strips here and there for other projects so the honey bun was unwound and sitting in a pile in my sewing room.  I decided something needed to be made with them.  This table runner is what I came up with.  I think this pretty will be very nice for a spring time touch to my dining table or my entry table ... well, once it's quilted ... who knows when that will happen :-) ... maybe that will be my next resolution, finish quilting my projects before starting the next? hahahaha

Then .... I figure this doesn't go against my new resolution of less spending because I did actually purchase it last year ... lol .... but this pile of lovely beauty happens to be a fat-eighth bundle of Sweetwater's Sunkissed plus some half yard cuts from Fat Quarter Shop for participating in the first-ever Bloggers' Block-a-palooza Waiting for Spring quilt along, for which you may have noticed the button on the right hand side of my blog.  Gorgeous!!  And, of course, who can live without a charm pack if they can have it?  Plans for it right now?  Nah ... but I'm sure a nice table topper or wall hanging would look beautiful in my home ;-).


And this nifty little Hexie-Caddy is actually a Christmas present I haven't been able to deliver yet.  I really and truly made this by hand.  Wow!  Oh wait, as I type this, I remember that the middle insert that you see in orange ... well, I did a teeny-tiny zigzag stitch on the sewing machine so I could get it finished quicker.  Okay, so I cheated myself.  But I'm okay with that!  lol  The pattern was from a free tutorial offered over at Pennys Hands' blog.  She has some wonderful projects and well worth the trip over if you have a moment.


Well, I've still got plenty of little stash piles around my sewing room to clear out, plent of Christmas presents I didn't get made (oh my goodness, and no, the world DID NOT come to an end) that I guess I best be getting back to the piles to see if I can create and share more another time.  Wish me luck and if you don't hear from me for a bit of time, please friends of mine ... come looking for me!  On never knows what lurks under those piles of good intentions! LOL

Best wishes to each of you dear people that give me such encouragement with your very kind comments, I truly appreciate you!

Quiltastic day to you and many warm hugs ~

Wendy

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét