Chủ Nhật, 4 tháng 5, 2014

Granny Blankets Are Good For My Soul!!


Thank you all for the encouraging emails and comments!!!!   I do believe my little black cloud has lifted!

I am a happy girl!  I have become obsessed with my latest granny blanket.  All I needed was a reason to start one.  I have a family member that will be going through some major surgery very soon, so I decided to make him a blanket to recuperate under!   I had two tubs full of acrylic yarn and started out with no plan at all, although I did have an idea of what I wanted.

As you can see it has grown to blanket size, and it is very bright and cherry.  We had such a pretty day yesterday I took it out on the deck to snap some pictures of it.   

And Phoebe was so willing to pose with it.   

Here is a close up of the center.  I am joining the squares as I go.  This is now my preferred method....I used to sew my squares together.   

I love the moment when a project comes to life.  This one took awhile to get to that point for me.  I think it is because I omitted the black.  I love that traditional granny bordered with the black.   And I was really kinda hating I had left it out for a while, but not now!!!! 
 
I am now working on the border.  I should have it done this week....but then I have about a zillions ends to weave in!!!  I haven't wove in a single thread!!  (It's not easy being lazy!). 
 
I am happy to report I am walking boot free and cane free!  But still not pain free.  PT started last week.   I am following orders and doing my therapy at home.too.  Boy!  This is not easy!!!   I can walk up a flight of stairs normally, but I still cannot go down them normally, I am having to do one at a time.  But it is definite improvement over just a couple of weeks ago!!!!
 
I am also going to the grocery store and cooking again!!!  Yay!!!!  Tonight we are having roast with some carrots and potatoes.  I also have some homemade soup done for lunches this week.   Hubs has done a great job with getting the meals done, groceries bought, etc....but I was seriously missing some of my favorite dishes!
 
I hope everyone has a great week!!!!   

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét