Thứ Bảy, 24 tháng 8, 2013

It's a Good Day ...


As I sit here this morning to share with you a real treat I received in the mail, for the first time in over a week, my windows and doors are open, letting the fresh air in ... the very real, and very close, forest fire called the Lolo Creek Complex fire, reaching over 10,000 acres at last tally ... has finally calmed, or so it seems.  Enough so, that I am here with sunshine, a gentle breeze, and fresh air while I type at my computer.

Seriously ... some days ... can it get any better than that?

{contented sigh}

When I first saw Michele's post on Quilts From My Crayon Box about Its A Sister Thing swap ... I knew I had to jump in with all ten fingers (to type my name and email address, you know {wink}) and sign up.  I am so glad I did.  It's been a fun month or so of "stalking" ... of being "learned" by the person who had my name, and of learning the person for who is my secret sister ... whom I cannot tell you yet, because she has yet to receive my package in the mail.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have had a soft spot in my heart for Secret Pal Swaps ... I remember my mom having a Secret Pal in our church group, and when she explained it to me, I thought it was so neat ... secretly doing something for someone else that would make them happy for no other reason but just doing it.  How cool is that?!!

Well, Ms. Carol of CarolsCraftBlog was my Sister Thing swap buddy ... and how sweet the mini patriotic quilt she sent me is:

Isn't it precious!  Yes, I adore it, and yes, Carol, I thank you so very much!

I also thank Michele for all the work and coordination she put into this Sister Thing swap!! Perhaps one of these days I too can get my pin-tucks in a row and host such a swap ... just sayin'!

I am off to put the finishing touches on my Sister Thing swap buddy's package and hope she too is as happy with it as I am with mine.

Until later, I wish you all a very happy and peaceful day ...





Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét