Thứ Năm, 14 tháng 2, 2013

Hugs & Kisses Hop, Day 5 - My Day To Share!

My day to share!

 
When I first saw the post about this hop,
an idea came into my head and I just had to
create it for this hop. ...  however, my lovely
little quiltie was a bit shy as I could not
seem to get a very good picture, so
I share with you the same quilt, in two
different poses ....
As those of you who leave comments for me
know, my saying is that "my heart is hugged" with
every kind word you share.
 
So, truly, My Heart is Hugged makes her debut today.
And as I said, since she was so camera shy, I tried to
take a better close-up of the center because that is
the true "heart" of my design:

Top is inside:
Bottom is outside:
 Again, two photos by which you wouldn't know
that in person, she's a beauty.  But My Heart Is Hugged
just clamored to be made for this hop and my daughters are
pleased they have a Valentines Day "season" wall hanging.
 
It pleases my daughters even more that we
created the heart's message together ...
we use it daily.
 
What more could I ask for??
 
Well ... I have another share ...
which came along jus this past weekend.
 
My first-grader, Abbie, made this placemat
in class last week, and I was immediately struck with
the thought that I needed to make it into a more
permanent piece of art:
 
Therefore, I started like this:
On my applique sheet, I laid 1 inch sq pieces upside-down
over a heart pattern paper underneath the sheet.

I then pressed the fusible wonder-under over the
piecesof scraps I had just laid out ...remember ...
on the backside of the fabric.
 
When I turned over the fused pieces,
this is what I ended up with. 
 

I then cut out the heart shape, cutting off
all of the unwanted raw edges
(though the uneven edges would've been cute too)
 
And this is what I ended up with ... right side up :)
After peeling off the paper backing, I did freemotion
quilting on this heart before appliquing it to
the background ... just to tack down the loose edges.
 
And this is the end masterpiece ... 
 I do believe my daughter forgives me my
license to change up her pattern just a smidge :)
Her one critique was why didn't I use a heart to
dot the "i" in pieces ... I just didn't have a heart
button big enough to do the piece justice.
She understood.
 
Thank you so very much for visiting with me today!!
Please do the same kindness to my fellow posters
today as I know each and every one of them will
appreciate your visit just as much as I!

Friday, February 15th

Why Knot Kwilt (you are here)
 
Madame Samm and Cheerleader Jane,
I give to you both my heart-felt thanks
and gratitude for this hop and for all
your behind-the-scenes organization!

warm hearted wishes!









Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét