Thứ Bảy, 24 tháng 9, 2011

Try, Try, & Try Again

It may have taken me all darn day, 


And so many tries, and tries, and tries,
but gosh darn it ...

All I wanted was ONE 8 1/2 inch star block
for dear John'alee of

Read the complete details here:

You see, John'alee requested 8 1/2 inch
and 12 1/2 inch star blocks.

I've never been very good at math ...

in fact make a LOT of mistakes ...

So, when I decided I could "simply"
reduce in size a 12 1/2 inch
pattern to make an 8 1/2 block ...

well ...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

My first attempt ... 8 inches ...
8 inches which includes the seam allowance.

UGH!

My second attempt ... 9 inches ...
I mean seriously!

Well, at this point, I've run out of the
 white background fabric I purchased
for my lovely star blocks ...
I've been reduced to using the left-over
squares I previously cut out for
above stated blocks.

What, you think I should have made one
 block to start with to make sure I got it right???
Yeah, right, hindsight -- an easy thing!

So, I gave up on my original beautiful star and
created this block.
Ha! One Block!
I did it!!

So, I have one block to contribute :)
for Tory's Soldier's Quilts ...
plus several others I'm donating to
John'alee just in case she needs some fillers
or decides to make a pillow or two.

Now, I think I'll call it a night on my star blocks
and go see what other project needs done
that requires no actual thinking on my part.

Maybe sleep?

Oh, Oh, Oh!!!!

Wantobe Quilter Susan
won yesterday's
Sew We Quilt giveaway!!!


She signed up through my blog ...
WooHoo!!!

You see, try, try, and try again ...
Comment, comment, and comment again,
and you too
may be chosen a winner.
(and if you win, I win!!!)


Happy hugs and warm hearted wishes ~

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét