Thứ Năm, 16 tháng 1, 2014

Waking Up With Kona!

Welcome to Why Knot Kwilt!  Thank you so much for stopping by on your way through the "Wake Up to Kona" blog hop!!  

You may note that my stop may run more along the "good night, Kona" theme as I used the gorgeous Sunset line of  Robert Kauffman's Kona Solids along with Kona white solid for the background.


I also thought it most fitting to take photos of my quilt ... 
well, at sunset ... 

{grin}









I was able to assemble this quilt in one weekend ...
seriously! It probably took me longer to figure out which pattern to use than it did for me to actually make this sweet piece ...
that includes being plagued with a bugger of a cold and having my daughters and their sleep-over friends with me during the weekend!  

If that isn't endorsement enough on the ease of Amanda's patterns ... well ... {wink}

The quilt is backed with minkee fabric, so in an attempt to alleviate the difficulty of quilting, I did basic straight-line quilting and I chose to enhance the colors and white background by making a a scrappy binding from the remains of the fat quarters used for the quilt top.

Since those photos did not best show the full beauty of Amanda Murphy's Circus pattern found in her most recent book ... Color Essentials:


I did take a quick snapshot of the quilt top, pre-quilting, just to show the completed top.
Please forgive the quality of the photo, I really did mean to get another but this is the only one I was able to use for the blog today ... lighting and weather are tricky in our northern states at this time of year ...


Those of you making comparisons to Amanda's original pattern will note that I did not add the yo-yos and since I didn't add those, I turned the pointed triangles on the ends "into" the flying geese to better point attention to the center of the quilt and, since the receiver of this quilt was so very eager to start using it, skipping the yo-yos meant I could quilt and bind it quicker so she could take possession: 


And at the end of the day ... being wrapped in love is truly more important than getting every piece exactly right ... wouldn't you agree?

Again, I thank you for visiting.  My thanks to Carol of Just Let Me Quilt for hosting this hop, Madame Samm for all your creativity, and to all my fellow Blog Hop participants so posting so very much inspiration!

Please be sure to visit our other hop stops for this day as I am sure they will have fun and creative works of art to share too!!

January 17
Why-Knot-Kwilt ~ you are here


Until next we get a chance to visit, 
I wish you all happy hearts!


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét